Article Marketing To Increase Website Traffic
How to increase website traffic for free with article marketing is about writing article that get read. Many people, including experienced authors and marketers, dread the thought of having to write another article.
There are some writers who just feel like it’s too much work and it all just goes to waste when no one reads their article anyway. To some people, reading articles seems like work too, especially if the article is boring and very bland.
Well, articles are supposed to be read, that’s their purpose, to impart knowledge, message and information. If it is not read by anyone, then it is a waste of time and effort.
But all the same, articles must be written to be read. It’s just a matter of making them good. Making an article good doesn’t have to be strenuous and straining. Once you get the hang of it, writing articles should be fun, as well as beneficial for you and your website.
Of course, the articles you write must be about a subject you know something about, that’s why if you own a website, you probably have some knowledge about the theme of your site. When you write about it, you won’t suffer from boredom because you already know what the subject is about. It’s just a matter of making your articles creative, informative and interesting.
Doing Your Keyword Research
- The keyword research and title writings are the most important parts of the process and its best done by you. This is what takes up half of the time.
- The aim is to find low competition keywords to start with. Yes, you can rank for high competition keywords in the long run, but the idea is if you’re looking for an instant traffic boost is to go for the low-hanging fruit.
- Pick out those keywords and write attention-catching titles for them. A reader should feel instantly drawn to the title just by reading it. Remember, it’s not just about rankings; it’s also about getting people to click on your listing once you’re ranked.
Find a Quality Writer You Can Trust
- Writing an article can be outsourced, if you do not feel like writing your content yourself. There are providers of freelance writing such as Upwork, Freelancer and Fiverr to name a few. Find one or two quality writers that you can trust. Usually, you’ll have to go through five or six writers before you can find one or two that are truly reliable.
- Make sure they have first-class English and can write Search engine optimized article writing that is creative, persuasive and authoritative.
- Also, make sure they write grammatically correct English and has personality. Check it against Copyscape for the first few submissions.
- Pay attention to their response time. How long do they take to reply to emails? Is their work turned in early, on time or a little bit late? Their behaviour early in the relationship is a good indicator of what it’ll be like working with them in the long run.
Create a Consistent Publishing Schedule
- Create a consistent schedule for when you want content published. For example, let’s say you want to publish two articles a week.
- Create a list of topics and titles for your writer for the month. Make sure any questions about the assignment are answered before they start.
This whole process will take a week or two to set up. But once it’s up and running, something miraculous will happen you’ll get all the benefits of article marketing, while putting in very little time yourself. Just sit back and work on other areas of your business while the article traffic starts coming in.
Writing Good Articles
To make sure that your articles get read and enjoyed, here are nine useful tips. These tips will make your articles readable, informative and interesting.
- Use short paragraphs. When the paragraph is very long, the words get jumbled in the mind of the reader. Just looking at a long paragraph can get quite confusing and makes, and this makes it hard work to read it. The reader will just quickly disregard the paragraph and move on too much easier reading articles that are good to look at as well as read. Paragraphs can be a single sentence, sometimes even a single word!
- Make use of numbers or bullets. As you are stressing each relevant point, numbers and bullets can quickly make the point easy to remember and digest. As each point, tip, guide or method is started with a bullet or point, your readers will know that this is where the tips start. The format you bullet and numbers with indentations so that your article won’t look like a single block of boring square paragraphs. It pays to add a little bit of flair and originality to your articles shape.
- Use Sub-headings to sub-divide your paragraphs on the page. Doing this will break each point into sections. It will also be easy for the reader to move on from one point to another; the transition will be smooth, easy and ‘natural. ‘This way, you will never lose your readers attention as well as the point and direction of your article.
- Provide a good attention-grabbing title or header. If your title can entice a person’s curiosity, you’re already halfway there in getting a person to read your article. Use statements and questions that utilize keywords that people are looking for. Provide titles or headers that describe the content of your articles but should also be short and concise.
- Use titles like, “Tips on making her want you more”, or “How to make her swoon and blush”. You could also use titles that can command people, for example, “Make her yours in six easy Ways”. These types of titles reach out to persons’ emotions and make them interested. Once you have the reader’s emotional attention, you are guaranteed that person will read your article. Check the quality of your Title with this FREE Headline Analyzer Tool.
- Keep them interested in your article from the very first word, to the last. From your opening paragraph, use real-life situations that can be adopted by the reader. Use good descriptions and metaphors to drive home your point, just don’t overdo it. Driving your examples with graphic metaphors and similes would make it easy for them to imagine what you are talking about. Making the experience pleasurable and enjoyable for them.
- Utilize figures when necessary and not just ordinary and insipid statements. Using specific facts and figures can heighten your article because it makes it authoritative. But do not make it too formal, it should be light and easy in them and flow. Like a friendly teacher having a little chat with an eager student.
- Don’t use long, technical or unusual words. Many authors assume that their readers already know about the subject. These authors use technical words and jargon that are difficult for the reader to understand and follow. So, try to keep it as non-technical as you can. After all, you want them to visit your website for a more in-depth understanding of what you are writing about.
- Pay close attention to your spelling and grammar. If your article is littered with spelling mistakes and bad use of grammar, then that will weaken your claim to be knowledgeable about the subject you are writing about and may get your article rejected. If you want to give the appearance of being an authority on your subject, always run a spell check before submitting your article.
Instant Traffic Boost with Article Marketing
Once you finish your article, it’s time to market it. No one will ever know about your article unless it is promoted and shared. Article marketing does not have to be time-consuming nor does it have to take ages to take effect.
In fact, with proper marketing, you can use article marketing to drive herds of traffic to your website in less than twenty.
More articles like this one:
Don’t forget to comment below!