How To Start A WordPress Blog
Disclaimer: Some of the links are Affiliate Links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Please read my disclosure for more info.
This article is about how to start a WordPress blog on Hostgator very quickly. Blogging can transform your way of life and enable you to make hundreds, if not thousands of dollars a month.
The beauty about this business is that you could get started on this money-making blog business for a few dollars a month!
As part of a special deal, I have negotiated with one of the top hosting company – HostGator and the number 1 domain name providers online GoDaddy, so that you can get started now for very little initial outlay. Take action now to seize this deal as I am not sure just how long these discounted prices might last for.
If you are looking at how to start a WordPress blog on hostgator? Then make sure you read on ’till the end of this article. To start your blog for cheap, you can do no worse than choosing WordPress as the platform together with HostGator you’ll be up and running in a matter of minutes.
I have personally had a great experience with WordPress, HostGator and GoDaddy and highly recommend them all as the basis of a great new blogging business.
Blogging has been among the best project I have undertaking. Running a blog provides you with the opportunity to work from your home, you can blog at any moment, travel anytime and blog whenever you want. It’s a very flexible lifestyle.
Anyone can do it and make money and I am sure if you start the right way, you can be making money very quickly too.
HostGator is one of the top web hosting companies in 2018 and you can start your own web hosting blog with as low as $2.75 a month.
If you are planning on making money off your blog, then a great hosting plan is a must. You can run any of your own advertisements, affiliate links, direct advertising, etc on your own self-hosting blog site.
There are many reasons why you may want to choose HostGator for your WordPress blog. It’s one of the best web hosting providers online.
Here are a few reasons why?
• Hostgator is easy to use and makes it very easy to create a WordPress blog with their one-click option.
• Hostgator web hosting offers 24/7 technical support.
• Hostgator is extremely affordable and they offer cheap web hosting.
• WordPress through Hostgator is FREE.
• Hostgator offers a guarantee in case you decide that it is not for you. If you sign up for Hostgator, but you are confused for any reason (such as how to set it up, picking a plan, pricing, etc.), there’s always help at hand with their 24/7 support.
• You will be self-hosted. If you want to monetize your blog, then you need a self-hosted plan.
• You will appear much more professional to readers, companies, and so on if you are self-hosted on Hostgator.
• You get a free SSL certificate
If you plan on starting a blog on Hostgator and you are interested in learning how to start a blog on WordPress, then continue below. Click here to start the process.
How To Setup A WordPress Blog On Hostgator
1. Register your domain name.
You can click here to purchase a domain name and create a blog, then follow the easy steps below to get you blog online.
The very first thing you will need to do when starting a WordPress blog on Hostgator is to think about what you want your domain name to be. This can be challenging, but not an impossible task. Think carefully about this, as your domain name will be your brand. Make sure the domain name relates to the keyword or niche you would like to target.
You can get your domain directly through GoDaddy and make the whole process very easy. If you do this, you can get a FREE domain for the first year as long as you buy 12 months worth of GoDaddy web hosting. This makes it well worth it to sign up for at least 12 months of hosting as you will be saving a good amount of money this way.
You also get a cheaper monthly price when you buy at least 12 months of hosting, so the free domain just makes it even better. If you want an even better deal, the best value would be purchasing a 36-month plan, as your monthly rate is much lower over the long run. If you decide to get the free domain, just continue to the next step as you can buy your hosting and get the free domain all in one step.
2. Buy hosting for your blog.
When choose the Hostgator basic plan which is the Hacthling, this plan is really all you need. It’s only $2.75 per month through my link if you sign up for 36 months, which is a great price.
If you are unsure about what hosting plan to go for, I would sign up for the 12-month plan as this is still a great price and very affordable for one year of blogging. If you purchase a 12-month plan, your total price is only $71.4 a year, which is still a great price. The best value would be purchasing a 36-month plan, as your monthly rate is much lower over the long run:
• The Hatchling plan is all that you really need, for now, so don’t worry about the Plus and Business Pro plans as they may be more expensive. You can always change it later if the need present itself. So there is no need to sign up for the Plus or the Pro plan at this stage.
• You may want to pay for the Domain Privacy Protection, which is only $1.25 per month or $14.95 a year. This allow your contact information to stays safe.
• You do not need the other items that Hostgator sells, so I would uncheck any of the extras that are listed.
You should purchase at least a 12-month hosting plan rather than month-to-month which is not ideal. The more years you sign up for, the less you pay.
HostGator blog hosting will cost you around $2,75 per month for 36mths, $3.58 per month for 24 mths or $5.95 for 12mth. If you purchase a 12-month plan, your total price is will only be $71.40 a year, which is a great price. The best value would be purchasing a 36-month plan, as your monthly rate is much lower over the long run.
When you are ready to create your blog, follow the steps below to buy hosting for your blog:
1. Go to Hostgator and click the “Get Started Now” button.
2. Click on the package you are interested in. You can get started with the Hatchling plan
3. Enter your domain name you registered with earlier, or sign up for a new domain name here (Godaddy).
4. Enter your personal and payment information.
5. Next, you will be asked to enter a password. Make sure it’s secure as this information is very important.
If you have any problems, please send me an email from here and I will help you solve any of pressing issues quickly.
3. Connect your domain and your hosting.
Having purchased your domain from GoDaddy, you will need to connect your domain to your hosting account. GoDaddy has a full support page for setting nameservers for your domain names.
When you register a domain name with GoDaddy, they will set it up on their parked nameservers so a temporary page displays when visitors go to your website. After you determine which hosting provider to use, you can change your domain name’s nameservers to remove the parked page and activate your domain name.
You can modify your DNS Nameservers when you are using GoDaddy for your domain and Hostgator for your hosting:
1. Log into the GoDaddy.com Account Manager.
2. Select Manage Domains from the Domain Names drop-down menu or the Manage Your Account list.
3. Select the domain name you wish to modify using the check-boxes and then click Set Name Servers.
4. Enter your updated name server information in the spaces provided under the blue Name Servers heading on the right side of your page and click Save Changes at the bottom. Your entries should look like this: ns1.hostgator.com; ns2.hostgator.com.
You will then need to add the domain you bought (such as through GoDaddy) as an addon domain to your Hostgator web hosting. You can do this by clicking on “Domains” when logged into your Hostgator web hosting account and then clicking on “assign.” Follow the steps.
4. Install WordPress on Hostgator.
• After you create your password, Hostgator guides you through exactly what you need to do in order to start a blog.
Yippee! Your WordPress blog is now ready. You will have to work on the design as well as creating high-quality content but there’s no rush. Take your time and research and write great content for your audience.