There are many ways to save on car insurance to reduce your premiums without giving up coverage. One of the easiest things to do is get auto insurance rate quotes online. This will allow you to do comparative shop stress-free.
When shopping for car insurance, take your time and research thoroughly. For most people, car insurance is one of the largest insurance expense the have to make after house purchase and health insurance. Rates are high and are forever climbing, at least it seems that way. You can save money on your car insurance premiums by following these easy to put in place steps.
1. Shop Around. Yes, it pays to shop and compare for your car insurance quotes. Get many quotes as you can. Get at least three different quotes from 3 different insurance companies. One from a comparable site on the internet to get an auto insurance rate quote online. A second from your current agent and a third from an independent agent over the phone. This will allow you to compare without too much stress.
2. Raise Your Deductible. A $200 deductible sounds wise until you learn that the cost for having a deductible at this threshold can drive your rates through the roof. Consider a deductible as high as $1000 to save on premiums. You can always fix minor mishaps on your own. By choosing a higher deductible, you can reduce your premium cost.
Increasing your deductibles is the easiest way to reduce your premium. The higher the deductible, the lower your premium will be. A deductible is the part of the premium you pay in the event of an accident, before the insurance company coverage steps in.
Make sure that the deductible that you carry is available to you in a deposit account. Don’t carry more than you can pay. In an event of an accident, an insurance company will not honour their part of the agreement until you’ve paid your excess.
3. Drop Collision. If your automobile is worth less than two or three thousand dollars, consider dropping collision altogether.
Sure, you will get nothing from your insurer if your car runoff. but repairable. The savings you make from dropping collision can be used as a down payment for your next car.
If the car is old and not very valuable, comprehensive insurance is not worth buying as it can add up to more than you’d ever receive in the event of an accident. You can save up to 20% by eliminating collision insurance.
4. Look for Discounts. If your car has certain safety features, make sure that your insurer is aware of this. Older cars, that do not have airbags would carry a higher premium. But, if you have a model that has airbags, you will save money on your insurance.
5. Business Deduction. If you drive your car for business, a part of your insurance costs may be deductible. The rates that you pay may be increased if your insurer knows that you use your car more for business than pleasure.
6. Combine Policies. Buy your homeowners, auto, and life insurance policies from the same broker and you may save on your premiums. Some insurance companies reward policyholders if they “one-stop” buy all their insurance needs through one company.
7. Consider Before You Buy. The BMW 4 Series Convertible may be your ideal car, but it could also raise your insurance rates. A less sporty model would be ideal. The type of car you drive can also reduce your rates.
Stay away from cars that have a high-class rating. Rates vary among the different makes and models of vehicles. The different rates are based on the risk of accident, the cost to repair, higher theft rates for a model and replacement costs such as with a new vehicle. So be sure your vehicle isn’t going to be in a category that increases your rates too much.
8. Drivers Ed Course. You may have taken a driver’s education course and your insurance company has not factored that in when determining your premium. Let them know that you are a safe driver! A safe driving record consisting of no accidents and no traffic violations will get you the most substantial discount.
Most insurance companies are very good at recognizing good driving habits. These are the drivers they want to insure because their risk is much lower. See if you qualify for a Better Driver pre,iu, discount too.
9. Deleted Points. If you had moving violations that were reported to your insurance company, make sure that your insurer adjusts your premium downward if several years have gone by since the occurrence. You could be paying a premium higher than you deserve.
10. Check Your Policy. If the insurer has the wrong address, town or zip code on your policy, you could find yourself paying more than you should. It makes sense to complete a car insurance check, the easiest way is to run an insurance check on your vehicle on the Motor Insurers Database.
Reducing your car insurance costs should not be an impossible feat. By following these steps, you should realize some savings the next time your policy comes up for annual renewal
Car insurance will vary depending on the insurance agency, your driving record, and the type of insurance you are looking to buy
Always remember that the lowest or cheapest car insurance is not always the best option. Make sure you choose a reputable company with an exemplary service who are available 24/7 to answer your queries.